A Message from Louie
As a family-owned company, our top priority is the safety of your family and our Sargento Family of employees. We are committed to our responsibility as a food manufacturer to keep our employees safe physically and financially, while we’re feeding families across the nation during these unprecedented times. That’s why we are taking active steps to maintain the quality and integrity of our products. We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Wisconsin public health officials. Here’s what our commitment looks like:
- Our food production and common areas (break rooms) are being cleaned and disinfected frequently
- We are practicing social distancing on-site
- Any employee who feels ill is asked to stay home and will receive paid time off
- We are reinforcing our strict Good Manufacturing Practices and procedures, such as frequent hand washing and wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All visitors to our 4 Wisconsin campuses have been restricted
- Our employees who are able to do so, are working remotely
- All business travel has been halted
- All essential operations employees and approved contractors are required to wear a face covering while inside Sargento facilities.
- Plexiglass barriers have been added to break room tables and to production lines to maintain social distancing.
- Floor markings near time clocks help employees maintain six feet of distance while clocking in.
- We are working day and night to meet the high demand for our products
- We have developed contingency plans, should we have supply shortages
- We are working closely with our retail partners to stay ahead of consumer demand
We are honored to be a vital part of nation’s food supply and will do everything we can to feed families and help our community in this time of need. We are grateful for our employees - many who have been with us for generations - and their dedication to their roles and the products we make.
Thank you for putting your trust in Sargento and the Sargento Family. Working together is how we’ll get through these challenging times.
Louie Gentine, 3rd Generation Family Owner